Designed by King Carlo di Borbone by Luigi Vanvitelli in 1752, consists of a massive rectangular building the plant symmetrical with four courtyards joined by galleries and by a vast park is 3 km long with gardens, fountains, waterfalls and sculptures. The two main facades - one facing the Piazza d'Armi, the other in the park - characterized by modular sequence of windows, moldings, cornices and pilasters are made of brick and travertine.
From the central hall on the ground floor leads to the spectacular royal stairway ramp central characterized by polychrome marbles, which is divided into two sets of parallel access to the royal apartments and the Palatine Chapel. The entire complex is built along a central axis, dotted with 3 octagonal halls, which goes behind the building in the long driveway to the park. This is divided into three areas: the parterre with the so-called old wood, the fish pond and the plains with flowerbeds, walkways and statues, and the area along the central avenue with large tubs, waterfalls and sculptures, and finally the English garden with tree species of great value, lakes and streams. Open: daily 8:30 to 19:00 Closed on Tuesdays. For the opening hours of the park contact the information office