And 'one of the most important monasteries of Europe, declared by' Unesco World Heritage Site. The layout reflects the distribution and organization of architectural spaces religious life of the Carthusian order. It is divided into two main areas: the "lower house", more in touch with the outside world, where took place the livelihoods of the community painstaking (apothecary, stables, barns and warehouses in the outer court) and the "high house" with the spaces of the community life of the monks (church, kitchen, dining room, the Treasury and the chapter) and areas of strict enclosure organized around the great cloister (monks' cells and gardens, apartment of the prior, library). Today, the Carthusian monastery houses the Archaeological Museum of Western Lucania, landscaping the gardens of the cells made part of the "Ortus Artis" and a vast collection of contemporary art with over one hundred works during the exhibition "Works and Days" and "Fresco Bosco." In the hall of the flat prior is in the permanent exhibition "The Charterhouse of Padula in the book of Thomas Salmon of 1763 and in the cartography of the eighteenth century", facilitating vision and consultation through the installation exhibition included in the normal course of visit museum in Certosa.